This is our journal as we go through the 49 days (step-by-step) from decision to in-vitro fertilization. Scheduling, details, feelings, thoughts; all are recorded here. It is an amazing process, and we felt it vital to chronicle it.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Not Exactly Serendipity

There has been a significant event that has potentially threatened our IVF process. For reasons of confidentiality, I cannot explain the problem here. But what I will say is that this is stressful and heart-breaking. At times when hurdles keep springing up before us, one cannot help but wonder in superstition. Is the universe trying to tell us something?
 
Well, perhaps it is. Perhaps it is trying to show us how strong we can be together – because we have had every imaginable challenge thrown at us in our first year of marriage and we have still persevered. And this new obstacle too, it will be overcome. We have already found a path through the murky ambiguous future this problem might bear.
 
So, while I can’t interpret the message (or if there is one) the universe is trying to send, I know we will continue on and stay our course, hopeful and cheerful as humanly possible. Please continue to pray and petition to God on our behalf.
 
Also, let me say thank you to those who have been so supportive thus far. I have received notes, some signed, some anonymous, letting me know that Kristina and I are covered by continued prayers. So, allow me to state how appreciative we are for your love and support – even if we don’t know who all of you are.
 
We have about 34 more days to go. We will make it!
 

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't count out serendipity yet, sometimes we can't see it until we've gone down the road a bit. I do really hate that good people are having tough times right now. But i am so, so glad you two have each other! You are a changed person since you guys got married. (Someone mentioned on your facebook page that good things come to them [those? :)] that wait, and i know you found your Good Thing.

    Still praying for you guys as you thwack these pitches out of the park. Romans 8:28!!

    ReplyDelete