This is our journal as we go through the 49 days (step-by-step) from decision to in-vitro fertilization. Scheduling, details, feelings, thoughts; all are recorded here. It is an amazing process, and we felt it vital to chronicle it.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Disclaimer

So a very dear friend cautioned me in regards to posting about IVF... Her concern was humbling, but I told her Dj and I had talked about it and decided the more people praying for us the better.  However, in that regard, I felt it necessary at this juncture to highlight one tiny important tidbit that may have been lost among the excitement of the ensuing journey:  this procedure is not a guarantee.  In fact, the success rate for IVF is about 50-60%, with a 15-50% miscarriage rate.  Of course, age, health, and environmental factors all play a part in these percentages, as well as fate and a little bit of luck :-) 

Our goals are to keep my stress levels low, and keep me healthy.  We both really appreciate your excitement but want to make sure you are all aware this is not a guarantee for success.

All that said, my current status is I'm usually always tired.  Add to that fact I'm trying to wean off caffeine and you get one tired girl who could probably sleep through the entire week.  I start Lupron shots on Wednesday and have my suppression check on the 5th.  So, we're trucking along having fun with this scary mess!

Love to all.

1 comment: