This is our journal as we go through the 49 days (step-by-step) from decision to in-vitro fertilization. Scheduling, details, feelings, thoughts; all are recorded here. It is an amazing process, and we felt it vital to chronicle it.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Adjusting The Sails

The purpose of this blog seems to change as more time passes. At first it was technical and details of the medical procedure. However, it has become a lot more about the emotional stress of life while going through the IVF process.
 
As I stated last entry, the heartbreaking incident that I could not disclose occurred. And now I can disclose it. I am no longer employed with the company. Without going into the how’s and why’s of that, let me explain the fear of this contingency has been all about the insurance benefits – at least from the IVF viewpoint.
 
However, we are around 30 days (give or take) away from the extraction and then roughly five more until they implant the embryos. Effectively, the insurance ends at the end of the month (as paid by the company). The struggle is we have already had some personal financial (and obviously emotional) investment into where we are today.
 
So, a serious discussion and plan had to occur, questioning whether or not to continue. There are pros and cons, the details of which I will not bore the readers. However, at the end of it all, we decided to continue and have a financial plan on how to proceed, which will not be as comfortable as the previous plan. That said, Kristina and I are certain it is the best plan we have in these new winds.
 
When we started this about two weeks ago, I never saw this coming. But that’s okay because it’s good practice, as after our child is born he or she will do things that I will never see coming too.

1 comment:

  1. I always expect the unexpected myself. There are pros and cons to living under that philosophy as well. I don't comment much but just wanted you to know you are both on my mind and in my prayers as you continue in your journey. Keep fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete