This is our journal as we go through the 49 days (step-by-step) from decision to in-vitro fertilization. Scheduling, details, feelings, thoughts; all are recorded here. It is an amazing process, and we felt it vital to chronicle it.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Visceral...what?

Okay, I admit I actually had to google that one to get the definition.  For those of you who don't know the actual definition (which probably only includes me and my sister) that is:  

  1. Of or relating to the viscera.
  2. Relating to deep inward feelings rather than to the intellect: "the voters' visceral fear of change".
I only pasted that because I had it up in Google, and because it helps clarify the origin of my emotions which are, yes, visceral.


The effects of the hormones come on to me quicker than what I would have anticipated.  I mean, I thought they would take days to filtrate through my body but no, within a couple hours of my first morning hormone dose on Saturday I was on the verge of tears because I thought Dj and I were on the verge of a disagreement.  Come on, really?  And I had the headache... which, by the way, hasn't gone away 2 days later.  Recounting last week and the weekend to my boss whom (I have probably used this word incorrectly, for which I apologize to my mother-in-law ;-)) I haven't seen for about 10 days, I started crying.  And I got teary-eyed reading Dj's most recent posting. Sheesh! 

I get the hot flash almost immediately after my first night hormone injection, and I continue to get those all night long.  Sweaty...then shivering...sweaty...then shivering.  A vicious, unable-to-sleep-through cycle.  No wonder I'm so tired... that and I'm a walking science experiment! 

Aside from all the complaining, this is all really cool.  The science behind all of this, the fact that I'm actually able to inject myself 3 different times a day without passing out, the fact that the end result could result in 1 or 2 babies, and the fact that I am doing pretty well with choosing not to get stressed out about anything.  I'm thinking that's good practice for a lifestyle change, no? 

Anyways, Dj is very good about letting me nap when I need to and making sure Kara is taken care of, which is HUGE to me.  This is yet another early-marriage hurdle that is bringing us closer together, because you know we can't do anything the easy and/or boring way.

Toodles! 

4 comments:

  1. "Whom" is correct--no apology needed.
    And...you are doing really great with all of this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too, sis! And thanks, Carolyn! I never know which one to use! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're injecting yourself! Yes, i knew it, you are a super hero! And you know how to use "whom" correctly. I'm intimidated! And i think you're just awesome. Keep pluggin' away - i know you are and always have. Hugs and something chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete